Monday, February 9, 2009

Branding
















Brands that I identify with:
Nike
Wal-mart (Sam’s Club)
Costco
Toyota
Black and White
Coca Cola
Dell
Apple
Verizon Wireless
Nine West
SM
Wrigley
Hagendas

Logos: price and quality of goods.
Wal-mart is big on saving. All their ads contain information about how much money they saved you. The smiley knocks down prices. In the 2007 Wal-mart commercial, it shows a family going on vocation using the money they saved by going to Wal-mart. This commercial obviously has heavy Pathos. Don’t you want to go on a nice trip with your family? Toyota’s cars last 10 plus years and 100,000 plus miles. For example like my step-dad who does not take care and maintain his Toyota Avalon, the car hasn’t had any problem and it has run close to 150,000 miles.
Pathos: good experiences!!
I buy Wrigley’s gum because it takes good to me. I had a good experience with it. It’s the same thing with Coke, Hagendas ice cream, other foods, and clothing brands. Pathos is everywhere. Like with Nike, the ads and commercials use famous athletes and Olympic champions. It gets you moving. It’s Ethos as well because even professional athletes trust Nike.
Ethos: credibility
SM Entertainment is publisher of Korean music. The singers and albums SM endorses are of very high quality (or I like them). Staring with H.O.T. in the early 1990s, SM has put out famous bands such as DBSK, SJ, The Grace, etc. H.O.T.’s style influenced many other Korean artists. I like SJ so I like DBSK because they are “produced” by the same company.

In general I don’t pay too much attention to brands. I get most of my food from Wal-mart, Costco, and Chinese grocery stores in Birmingham. Since I eat mostly fresh vegetables and fruits……..branding doesn’t slap you in the face. I stay away from candy, chips, boxed lunches, even cereal in general. And cloth…..as long as it is reasonable in price and is pretty…….I don’t care what brand it is. Like usually people associate Starbucks with cool people and nice atmosphere, but I don’t really care about that. I think in my entire life so far……I’ve only been to Starbucks 5 or 6 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment